Radio Wildfire Live! transmission Monday 6th February 2012 @ 20:00hrs (UK time) contains two hours of spoken word and live literature featuring:
- poems with backing from Alison Boston
- song from Michael W.Thomas
- a short play from Keith Large
- an interview with Polesworth Poetry Trail organiser Mal Dewhirst about his new Radio Wildfire series, The Lost Poets
- a feature on Paul Lester‘s new cd, Walking Through Walls
- and a very timely uploaded poem about weather from Heather Wastie
- spoken tracks from Black Country Dialectics
- a cd by Dave Reeves ahead of his forthcoming Wolverhampton Arena performance
- plus a memoir by Jill Tromans that mixes family history together with Buffalo Bill’s visit to England
- ambient music from Jimi Dewhirst
The show is followed at 22:00 by the monthly diary from Birmingham’s poet laureate with Jan Watts‘ Irons in the Fire and then Longden’s Listings with Gary Longden.
To keep your interest smouldering between live shows there’s the constant transmission called The Loop. Listen in 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at www.radiowildfire.com – Plus Radio Wildfire play-on-demand tracks @ www.myspace.com/radiowildfire – here to wildfire your imagination.
WHAT IS RADIO WILDFIRE?
Radio Wildfire is an independent online radio station which blends spoken word, poetry, performance literature, comedy, storytelling, short stories and more with a novel selection of word/music fusion and an eclectic mix of musical styles. www.radiowildfire.com broadcasts live 8.00-10.00pm (UK time) on the first Monday of every month.
Follow Radio Wildfire on Twitter @ www.twitter.com/radiowildfire
- Midlands Poetry 2011- A Personal Retrospective Perspective (garylongden.wordpress.com)